Sunday, January 13, 2013

Bad Maid Experience - The Diva Attitude

10 Annoying Things About My ex-Saudi Diva Maid

1. Gave my daughters (1.5 and 4 year olds) meals with fishbones ( 2cm long), and when I pointed them out, she laughed it off. She will laugh when she gets one stuck in her throat.

2. Forcefully handles my 1.5 year old, even when she is wailing hard. Would just talk to my young kids in firm voice. Shows no love for the small kids. My daughters still dislike her up till now. Always looked at my children as if they are a burden to her.

3. Did not clean my baby properly, sweeps the baby wipes from faeces soiled parts to the front. I advised her, that this can cause urine infection. My baby's shirts and pants will also smell of faeces after the diaper change (due to her slip shod cleaning method, I suppose her hands are not properly washed with soap, and still have faeces remaining which transferred to my baby, when she carried her.) but she won't bother to change them.

4. Eats chilli padi with almost all her meals but ironically, she washes off all the spices of the McDonald's prosperity burger I had bought for her and threw away a big portion. And made a big fuss about the sauce burning her throat to her lungs.

5. Would read my magazines ( I offered to lend her as she claimed that she loves to read) and returned them in very bad condition.

6. Would just sit and observe other people when she was supposed to observe my curious young kids who often wander about and she did not realise their disappearance until I raise the alarm.

7. Always leaves the light on when no one is using, even when I told her to try save electricity. She even slept with the lights on.

8. Spins the laundry and carelessly also dumped my daughter's shoe in it.

9. Almost burnt my kitchen by always using strong flame although I have taught her to use small flame....

And lastly, but most strongly!

10. Tried to suck up to my husband, scolded me for asking my husband to help me run some errands. Even asked my husband to back her up when I was pointing out one of her mistakes. She said I complained too much and she didn't see anything wrong with her work. My husband asked me to apologise to her and reprimanded me for causing my maid to be upset.

See how the innocent looks of this "religious and well-mannered" FDW eventually brings nothing but trouble to my family. A family who is trying to keep up with the nation's fast pace, trying to make ends meet while trying to be good parents to our young children...who then had to encounter people who are not honest to fulfill their duties and to honour their 2-year contract. And this family had to lose money, time, and gain lots of unnecessary mental and emotional exhaustion from dealing with such unexpected FDW / helper behaviour.

5 comments:

Sarifah said...

My god! What a nightmare! Such a horrid maid!!

Sarifah said...

My god! What a nightmare! Such a horrid maid!!

Ruth tan said...

I've maid for twenty years, but this year already change two maids, one being transferred but give up herself because she just simply can't work only can eat, present one also attitude problem, just too proud and too lazy to be a maid, I decided to send her back instead of transfer , cannot bring myself to transfer the problem to another employer,the quality of maid are unbelievable nowadays as they hv no responsibly to pay for anything; agency just too happy to transfer them, easy money for the agencies..

zenncrystal said...

Ruth, u send the maid back to the country or also include all the way home?

Cute Smarties said...

Which maid are you referring to?
I thought we had many maids....